On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 11:23:09PM +0100, John Kennedy wrote:

> Using Bacula 2.2.6 on Debian 4 with an Overland 2 drive, 24 tape library
>
> We have some archive tapes that we hold beyond the normal pruning cycle.
> Unfortunately we need to recover some data off these tapes. I have used blist
> to find the tapes that the data we want is on and have used bscan to recover
> most of the needed data. At this point there is a job that spanned 2 tapes.
> When we bscan the first tape it runs for about 4 hours then requests the
> second tape. This request times out after 3 minutes. Since it can take up to
> a minute to unload the first then another minute to load the second tape this
> leaves a 1 minute window to catch the end of the first tape and enter
> commands to unload and load the correct tapes. I have looked at the docs for
> bscan but can not see a way to either automate the loading of the second tape
> (can't use ; to run consecutive commands because the first bscan has not
> finished) or to extend the timeout to a more reasonable time?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Hello John,

unless it's an o/s function that's timing out you could always grab
the bscan source and search for the value in question (or parameters
to modify it) there.

All the best,

Uwe

--
uwe.schuerk...@nionex.net fon: [+49] 5242.91 - 4740, fax:-69 72
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Gütersloh, Germany