Hemant Shah wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Can someone explain the difference between the delete and purge commands?
>
> I read the manual and it seems that they both do the same thing.

No, they do not.

If you purge a volume, all the jobs on it and their associated metadata
are deleted, and the volume is marked as purged/reusable, but the volume
is not deleted and is available for reuse.  If you delete a volume, the
entire volume is gone from the database, along with all jobs that were
on it and their metadata.

If you delete a job, naturally all of its associated database records
are purged, which may cause a volume to become completely purged.

  ala...@caerllewys.net   ala...@metrocast.net   p...@co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.