On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 01:57:52PM +0100, Daniel Kamm wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Just an idea of mine, let me know if this is possible or not.
>
> Let's say I have a huge autochanger with lots of space and lots of
> cartriges available. Let's also assume, that I have a uncontrollable
> data groth and I cannot (or I am too lazy to) predict the ammount of
> cartridges needed to backup the data.
>
> Is it possible to dynamically assign empty volumes from a "spare" pool
> to the actual running pool if the volumes available for doing backups
> are not sufficient?
>
> TIA
>   - Dan

Hi Dan,

I think the "scratch" pool should provide what you're looking for, but
I believe once volumes have been reassigned to another pool they'll
stay there for the rest of their lifetimes (I'm still on 2.x, so
things may have changed in the meantime).

All the best,

Uwe

--
uwe.schuerk...@nionex.net fon: [+49] 5242.91 - 4740, fax:-69 72
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Gütersloh, Germany