On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 03:22:24PM -0500, Scott Courtney wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 11:08 -0600, Heitor Medrado de Faria wrote:
> > > I couldn't find anything going back that far in the docs. Does
> > anyone
> > > happen to know offhand what the latest director is that can still
> > > connect to file daemon 2.0.3?
> > >
> > I guess 3.x and 5.x directors still can work with 2.0.3 file daemons
> > -
> > but its not the ideal scenario.
>

> Thanks for the reply. I understand it's not ideal. It's very temporary
> -- just a couple of weeks during a migration period.
>
> Based on your comments, I'll give it a try, but won't spend a lot of
> time on it if it seems to be not working.

We recently updated a 2.x server to 3.0.3, and so far it appears to
work fine even with file daemons as old as 1.38.x (using no fancy
features of the newer versions, of course). I tried a test restore and
also so no apparent problems.

All the best, Uwe

--
uwe.schuerk...@nionex.net fon: [+49] 5242.91 - 4740, fax:-69 72
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Gütersloh, Germany