On 03/27/2010 08:41 AM, Julian Golderer wrote:
> Am Samstag 27 März 2010 02:57:17 schrieb Roland Roberts:
>
>> Any suggestions on what's happening here?
>>
> Maybe some problems with Fedora Firewall or SELinux?
> Does the fd listen to any interfaces?
> Does the fd just listen to IPv6 or IPv4?
> Nameresolution or DNS problems?

Well, from the part of the message just before my question

     Note that the configuration files were working just fine before the
     upgrade and they're really still there.  I've trying running client in
     the foreground but get no indication that it gets anything.  I can
     telnet to the client port and connect, but have no idea if there is a
     text protocol to ask the FD its status; anything I type seems to just
     get me disconnected.

So no, I don't think there is a firewall or SELinux issue or I wouldn't
be able to telnet from the server to the FD.  Plus I get no avc warning
and have tried with permissive settings.  It used to work, before the
upgrade, with enforcing turned on.

When I telnet to the FD, is there something I could type to talk to it,
an equivalent to smtp or http?

roland

--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD