On 04/06/10 17:26, Kevin Keane wrote:
>>> I would NOT recommend the AddLevelSuffix directive - that is too
>>> inflexible, as well as unnecessary. You can simply include
>>> ${Level} in your LabelFormat directive. Note that if you include
>>> a variable in the label format, Bacula will no longer
>>> automatically append the volume ID.
>>>
>>> LabelFormat="System${Level}-${NumVols}"
>>
>> I thought variable-expansion in label formats were well and truly
>> deprecated in favour of the Python scripting support?
>
> Officially, yes, I've been reading that it was deprecated, but it
> still works in 3.0.3. And I hope it will continue to work. I'd HATE
> to have to learn Python just to replace this simple little line. That
> would be painful (not that I mind learning Python, but even as it is
> bacula requires more of my time and attention than it should).

I can confirm that it still works in 5.x as well.  I use this for disk
volumes:

  Label Format =
"FULL-$Year${Month:p/2/0/r}${Day:p/2/0/r}-${Hour:p/2/0/r}:${Minute:p/2/0/r}"

(with alterations for Differential and Incremental pools, of course.)

  ala...@caerllewys.net   ala...@metrocast.net   p...@co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.