On 14 April 2010 16:32, Robert Oschwald <r...@symentis.com> wrote:

> Bacula works perfectly so far.
> The only serious problem I have is End of Tape detection.
> E.g. if I need to reboot the backup server, the current tape will be
> rewinded.
> The next backup job then seems not to find the end of the last backup and
> the tape will be set to Error state:
>
> 14-Apr 04:00 bacula-sd JobId 925: Volume "Weekly1" previously written,
> moving to end of data.
> 14-Apr 04:23 bacula-sd JobId 925: Error: Unable to position to end of data
> on device "LTO-4" (/dev/nst0): ERR=dev.c:954 ioctl MTEOM error on "LTO-4"
> (/dev/nst0). ERR=Input/output error.
> 14-Apr 04:23 bacula-sd JobId 925: Marking Volume "Weekly1" in Error in
> Catalog.
>

> I already tried playing with  TWO EOF = yes/no with no luck.
>
> Any ideas?

Robert,
did you solve this? What tape / library are you using? We are just about to
start using a number of LTO4 drives,so this will be something we'd want to
test.

btw, what happens if you rewind the tape manually? (ie, unmount @ bacula, mt
-f /dev/nst0 rewind && mtx -f /dev/xxx unload x, then load in bacula again.

Is bacula writing while the reboot happens?

cheers,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The only people that never change are the stupid and the dead"
 Jorge Luis Borges.

Warned.