On 05/04/10 13:29, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> --- On Tue, 5/4/10, Phil Stracchino <ala...@metrocast.net> wrote:
>
>>> I have mysql running on my Suse 11.2 64bit
>> system.  How does mysql get populated with the bacula
>> database/tables?  When I compiled from source earlier,
>> I found I needed to manually run some scripts:
>>>
>>> # create_bacula_database
>>>
>>> # make_bacula_tables
>>>
>>> # grant_bacula_privileges
>>>
>>> But I see no such scripts, nor did I notice any such
>> processes run during the RPM installation.  I logged
>> into mysql and did 'show tables', but saw no bacula data.
>>
>> Having never installed from RPM, I can't help you there,
>> sorry.  But the
>> RPMs SHOULD contain the scripts you reference above.
>>

> Ok, not sure where the mysql update scripts are.  I might have to copy them
> from the source installation and run them manually.

By default, if using the recommended /opt/bacula directory structure,
the necessary scripts should be installed in /opt/bacula/etc.  If you're
using one of the "canonical" filesystem "standards", try looking for
them in /etc/bacula.

> Also, when I try to run 'bat' or 'bconsole', it appears to be trying to
> connect to the "Director" on port 9101, but this process isn't running and
> there is no tcp/9101 available.

Yes, any console requires a running Director.  You're correct that the
problem is the Director cannot find a correct running database to
connect to.

  ala...@caerllewys.net   ala...@metrocast.net   p...@co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.