On 05/18/10 13:45, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> --- On Tue, 5/18/10, Joseph Spenner <joseph85...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> Ok, I do have a spare disk in my system I can use for the
>> 7th day.  So, let's change the schedule such that I
>> have 3 sets of "7 disks", for a total of 21 disks.
>> Perhaps this will simplify the scheduling.  I still
>> wish to have a full backup for every client at least once
>> per week (7 days).
>>

> I've come up with a solution:
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleSunday"
>   Run = Level=Full sun at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental mon-sat at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleMonday"
>   Run = Level=Full mon at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental tue-sun at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleTuesday"
>   Run = Level=Full tue at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental wed-mon at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleWednesday"
>   Run = Level=Full wed at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental thu-tue at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleThursday"
>   Run = Level=Full thu at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental fri-wed at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleFriday"
>   Run = Level=Full fri at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental sat-thu at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleSaturday"
>   Run = Level=Full sat at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental sun-fri at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
>   Run = Full sun-sat at 1:10
> }

> Then, as I add clients, I decide which Schedule to use such that the Full
> backups are spread out somewhat evenly.

Yup, that's exactly how to do it.  Make sure to set your Catalog backup
at a lower priority (where 1 is highest priority) than your client
backups, so that the Director will wait until the last client has
finished before kicking off the night's Catalog backup.

  ala...@caerllewys.net   ala...@metrocast.net   p...@co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.