Hello,

I've been having trouble installing Bacula 5.0.2 in Ubuntu 10.04 with a MySQL
database.
I had it running well under Ubuntu 8.04.

The director starts and then dies after it cannot communicate with the MySQL
database.
I've reinstalled both MySQL (5.1.48) and Bacula 5.0.2, updated the Bacula
tables and
used the default config files to get it started.

The log file shows the following error:

26-Jun 18:01 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalogue
"MyCatalog", database "bacula".
26-Jun 18:01 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: mysql.c:194 Unable to connect to
MySQL server.
Database=bacula User=bacula
MySQL connect failed either server not running or your authorisation is
incorrect.
26-Jun 18:01 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /opt/bacula/bin/bacula-dir.conf

I firmly believe that the configuration file is not the problem.  I've disabled
the firewall (using Firestarter), stopped AppArmor and even logged into
MySQL with the bacula user and added tables to the bacula database
and deleted them again.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.