> > 11-Aug 01:33 zztop-sd JobId 9: Warning: mount.c:217 Open device
> > "chg0_drive0" (/bacula-storage/chg0/drives/drive0) Volume
> > "bvol_ELAN-OnSite0_003" failed: ERR=dev.c:549 Could not open:
> > /bacula-storage/chg0/drives/drive0, ERR=No such file or directory
> >
> This appears that bacula can not access your changer or drive.

John,

I believe this is expected, given the log entries above it.. bacula never told
the autoloader to load drive 0 after unloading it.  I'll step through the log
entries below in order and say what I think they are telling me:

11-Aug 01:30 zztop-dir JobId 9: Using Device "chg0_drive0"
11-Aug 01:30 zztop-sd JobId 9: 3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 1, drive
0" command.

  * Okay, we want to use drive0.  It has a tape in it - unload it.

11-Aug 01:33 zztop-sd JobId 9: Warning: Volume "bvol_ELAN-OnSite0_003" wanted
on "chg0_drive0" (/bacula-storage/chg0/drives/drive0) is in use by device
"chg0_drive2" (/bacula-storage/chg0/drives/drive2)

  * Hmm this is strange, the volume that we decided to use is already mounted
in another drive.  (likely considered a warning because logically the selection
code should have picked this drive, yes?)

11-Aug 01:33 zztop-sd JobId 9: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0"
command.
11-Aug 01:33 zztop-sd JobId 9: 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result:
nothing loaded.

   * Is the drive we want to use, drive 0, loaded?  Nope.  (but then, I haven't
asked the autoloader to load it!)

11-Aug 01:33 zztop-sd JobId 9: Warning: Volume "bvol_ELAN-OnSite0_003" not on
device "chg0_drive0" (/bacula-storage/chg0/drives/drive0).
11-Aug 01:33 zztop-sd JobId 9: Marking Volume "bvol_ELAN-OnSite0_003" in Error
in Catalog.

   * Hmm this is strange, I expected the volume to be available in drive 0
(even though I never asked for it to be loaded there) and it is not.  Something
msut be wrong with the volume, marking it as Error.

11-Aug 01:33 zztop-sd JobId 9: Warning: mount.c:217 Open device "chg0_drive0"
(/bacula-storage/chg0/drives/drive0) Volume "bvol_ELAN-OnSite0_003" failed:
ERR=dev.c:549 Could not open: /bacula-storage/chg0/drives/drive0, ERR=No such
file or directory

   * I'm trying to open the drive anyway, just in case the autoloader is lying
to me?  (just guessing there).. Can't open it, because nothing is loaded in it
(/bacula-storage/chg0/drives/drive0 would be a symlink to the actual volume
file, if the autoloader had been told to load drive 0)

When I tried to solve this before, I dug into the code and to my shallow
understanding of it, it looked like the volume & device selection code had some
special cases to pick drives that already had the wanted volume loaded, but
that they were perhaps disabled for Disk devices...

I need to get this resolved if possible so I'll start to dig in again.. I
turned up the debugging and tracing on the SD and dir, and will post those as
soon as I have them..

In doing another test, it seems to be much harder to replicate this if I start
all 20 jobs by hand rather than have them auto-start based on schedule.. not
sure if that's a concurrency thing or what

Any ideas? :-/

Thanks,

Joe