Greetings.

I've been using bacula 3.0.2 (server) and 3.0.3 (clients) on my linux boxes
for a while now, and I'm very happy.  I'm using FileStorage with 200 volumes
on an external USB disk drive.

I had a machine die on me, and I had to replace it this week.  Bacula
has been of invaluable help.

Before I put the new (replacement) machine into the backup system, I
would like to know if there is a way that I can save the last bacukp(s)
of the original (now-dead) machine for longer than my 3-month rotation
schedule, just in case.

I'm not afraid of diving into the database, if the answer is something
like "find the job(s) in the database and update the expiration on those
jobs", but I might need some pointers as to what specifically needs to
be updated.

Failing that, if I were to store the volume files that contain my last
backup(s), is there a way that I can, in the future, get bacula to reload
the information off those volumes and retrieve data from the backups they
contain?

Thank you very much.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hy...@lactose.homelinux.net