Whoa Nellie! Let me recycle my earlier, boring post to appeal to a
broader audience. Check out the latest Qnap NAS

http://qnap.com/pro_detail_feature.asp?p_id=191

I am interested in the TS 112 since it MAY be able to run Bacula via
some NSLU package "ipkg" magic. Apparently Qnap has a package manager
called qpkg. qpkg has a package which installs ipkg and you can then use
ipkg packages on many of Qnap's appliances. Whew! that wore me out.
Anyways, here is the relevant page which shows how:

http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=24858

The thing I like about the unit is that it consumes 7 watts. I'd want to
compare that against a stock, boring Atom based system which can be put
to sleep and woken at the flick of a cron job to perform the backups.
I'm guessing the latter is more reliable over the long term. And I like
boring.

Anyone have any feeling on this?

Mehma