On 2/26/11 1:19 PM, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 2/25/2011 11:15 PM, Mehma Sarja wrote:
>> On 2/25/11 2:50 PM, dev001 wrote:
>>> Sanity check?
>> It is an excellent idea and efficient usage of resources. I have a

snip
> If you have no connectivity to the Dir, backups will not be run.
Oopsie, looks like that is an accurate assessment. Nothing against any
backup scheme, nor any solution be it Bacula, Amanda, etc - but these
things are designed for always-on, always-connected systems. Enter a
mobile email device, a roaming laptop and things get harder to backup.
There should be a way to backup a laptop to a cloud like dropbox. So, if
a mobile device can run a complete dir. fd and sd then it can backup.
non-windows laptops can.

Is anyone doing something like this?

Mehma