2011/6/6 John Drescher <dresche...@gmail.com>:
> 2011/6/6 Cleuson Alves <cleuso...@gmail.com>:
>> Hello everybody, I still can not understand what the advantage of using the
>> label inside the pool instead of creating the volume at hand.
>> Here's an example:
>>
>> Pool {
>>      Name = Full_Server-01
>>      Pool Type = Backup
>>      Storage = FullStorage
>>      Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
>>      Maximum Volume Bytes = 6g
>>      Recycle = yes
>>      AutoPrune = yes
>>      Volume Retention = 2 weeks
>>      Maximum Volumes = 5
>>      LabelFormat = "F_server 01_-$ {Year} - $ {MONTH} - $ {Day} _ $ {hour}.
>> $ {Minute}. $ {Second}" <- <- what is the advantage of using this way, it
>> recycles a new date?
>>

> No, it will not recycle to a new date.

Hi,

Yes, I agree but this might be a nice idea for new functionality. What
do you think about it?

Sometime I use a directive of automatic labeling with connecting the
Counter resource. For example:

Counter {
    Name = "SomeCounter"
}
Label Format = "Home-${Level}-${SomeCounter+:p/2/0/r}"

and those volumes can be recycled without mistakes of names in the future.

Using something like that (example from previous mail):

LabelFormat = "F_server 01_-$ {Year} - $ {MONTH} - $ {Day} _ $
{hour}.$ {Minute}. $ {Second}"

after recycle the volumes names will not be up to date. Because of
that I think this type of label format should not be recycled
(mistakes of names in the future) and used there where there is not
planned those volumes recycling (used only once).

Second thing that the Counter resource will be deprecated in the near
future. Harm because that is simple and useful functionality but
appropriate using Python scripting may be replaced that function.

Regards.
gani