On 6/25/11 1:13 PM, mikewilt wrote:
> I have set up two similar installations at home and at church.  They both
> have the same problem.  Both are running under Linux:
>
> Linux version 2.6.26-2-686 (Debian 2.6.26-26lenny1) (da...@debian.org) (gcc
> version 4.1.3 20080704 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.2-25)) #1 SMP Thu Nov 25
> 01:53:57 UTC 2010
>
> Both are running Bacula Version: 5.0.3 (04 August 2010)
>
> I configured to use disk storage based on the chapter "Automated Disk Backup"
> in the user manual.
>
> It seems to work ok for a while, but the volume status for disk volumes turns
> fairly quickly to "Error".  At this point they don't get used or recycled and
> it runs out of usable volumes.  I have been able to restore from such volumes
> so their contents seems to be ok.  I can force it to purge them but that is
> very tedious.
>
> Any ideas out there?
>
> Mike

Mike,

The only thing I can conjecture due to the lack of disclosure of the
seemingly closely-held details is that you are the common denominator in
both church and home setups. Hence, you have done something wrong. Are
the volumes overfilling the disks? Could be. Or it could be one of many
other causes. What does the error say? A list of the "messages" output
will be helpful. So, I hope you don't get overly frustrated with
Bacula.We can only help once you share the details.

Mehma