On 10/24/11 11:05, Alan Brown wrote:
> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> The NAS will be VERY much faster than the tape drive.
>
> Are you sure about that? My LTO5s make 160Mb/s+ and I've yet to see a
> non-SSD NAS which can match them.

Actually, someone else asked the same in email.  So let me reword
slightly:  It is very likely that your NAS will be very much faster than
your tape drive, unless you're using the latest generation of tape drives.

  ala...@caerllewys.net   ala...@metrocast.net   p...@co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.