> >> An additional option is that after upgrading the database server it
> >> returned to the default database config file which in a lot of cases
> >> is optimized for machines with a few MB (yes MB) of memory.
> >
> > I do not remember that I had to change the defaut database
> > configuration when I installed Bacula 5.0.3 two years ago. So which
> > config file do you mean? Can you give me some hints what I should
> > change in this file? My Bacula server has 2 GB RAM.
>
> For a high insert rate you normaly have to extend the size or number
> of redo logs. For MySQL this might be possible in /etc/my.cnf or the
> like but i don't use MySQL so you have to RTFM.

What confuses me is that the part of the backup job that fetches the files from
the server takes nearly as long as before, but the sending of the spooled
attributes to the Director takes extremely long (Bacula 5.0.3: 3 minutes,
Bacula 5.2.5: 7 hours 45 minutes). If the current (new) config of MySQL is not
suitable, then I would expect that everything slows down.

I will take a look into the MySQL manual, but as the Bacula server is
responsible for backup only, it might be faster to setup the server from
scratch.

Carsten