Le 01/02/2013 20:48, Alan McKay a écrit :
> OK, I know some of you guys are biased here because I recognise some
> of the names from my pgsql days :-)
>
> I've been googling to find MySQL tuning instructions for bacula but
> not much is coming up.   Though I did find a 2 or 3 year old
> discussion from this list which suggested I'd get better performance
> from pgsql anyway.    I certainly don't know pgsql as well as MySQL,
> but I did used to know a fair bit about it and switching would not be
> that big a deal to me.
>
> So what do you think?
>
> Anyone have any specific links for MySQL + Bacula tuning?
> Anyone have any datapoints on MySQL vs pgsql for Bacula?
>
> Will pgsql still have to be tuned?
>
> thanks,
> -Alan

Hello,

You can use tuning-primer and mysqltuner.pl to adjust some buffers.
On my database, there is ONE message which will indicate what to do:

[--] Reads / Writes: 1% / 99%

That means that you have to focus on the write capability.
To do it, I do it that way:

  - Use 5.1+ MySQL Version.
  - Use Barracuda InnoDB engine (that means using InnoDB plugin on 5.1
version, on 5.5, it's automatic) for all Bacula tables.
  - Size innodb_*_buffer_* to handle the night.

I noticed that cleaning the database (using dbcheck) helps to control
the database size and thus stabilize the performance.
I do it on a weekly basis with a cron job: /usr/bin/yes yes |
/usr/sbin/dbcheck -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf -C Catalog1 -b -f

Hope this helps.
Jerome Blion.