Dang...keep forgetting to post to the list.  Apologies.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone ----- Forwarded message -----
From: "Michael D. Wood" <m...@itsecuritypros.org>
To: "Radosław Korzeniewski" <rados...@korzeniewski.net>
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bare Metal Recovery Setup
Date: Sat, Apr 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. As of right now I could just customize for one
server.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone ----- Reply message -----
From: "Radosław Korzeniewski" <rados...@korzeniewski.net>
To: "Michael D. Wood" <m...@itsecuritypros.org>
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bare Metal Recovery Setup
Date: Sat, Apr 20, 2013 2:37 am

Hello,
2013/4/20 Michael D. Wood <m...@itsecuritypros.org>

Pick the image booting from the rescue CD and dumping to a blank hard drive and
rebooting to a fully functional server.

Do you want universal functionality or customized for one or a few servers?

I ask because if you need universal functionality then it will be a very hard
task to complete.
If it will be a customized one then all you need is Bacula File Daemon
installed on bootable media - I entourage you to use any Live-USB distribution
for that it is easier - and a set of bare metal provisioning scripts which take
a rest. Those scripts should partition required disks, create any RAID or/and
LVM configuration, create required filesystems on top of that, initiate a full
restore from Bacula server and finally will install a bootloader. You don't
need to write a scripts for detect anything and handling a bunch of exceptions
then to parse available data for bare metal configuration with a bunch of other
exceptions, etc.

<ad here>I use LinuxBMR and Windows BMR functionality available on Bacula
Enterprise. It is an universal BMR functionality and is working great.</ad here>

best regards--
Radosław Korzeniewski
rados...@korzeniewski.net