The Mac OS X client for Bacula should be a standard Mac OS X package --
a xxx.dmg file.
Anything that is a tar or other form is not very professional.  I am not
sure what homebrew supplies, but if they have done it right it is a .dmg.

The instructions for building it yourself on a Mac are in the Bacula
source distribution in:

  <bacula>/platforms/osx/README

Once you have the developer tools installed, it is a "piece of cake".

Best regards,
Kern