Hi,

> Mr. Bacula Users,
>
> I wanted to write a paper / guide that outlines the process of migrating
> backup data written with property software for Bacula. I think those are
> some premises:
>
> 1. I know this will probably involve restore the legacy data to a given
> mount point in the respective servers and backup it again? Maybe with
> suffix manipulation?

I guess I would try to restore the data to some server . Whether the data
is restored to the original server or not does not bother me. I would
prefer preserving the directory structure insetead. And I would restore to
the same operating system type if possible.

2. And how about changing today job backup date to the real date of the
> first backup of the legacy data? Anyone has done queries that could share?

Using separate jobs with a naming convention that includes the original
backup date might also work. You could also run those jobs to different
pools with appropriate retention periods.

> 3. Whatever you suggest.

Kind regards

Julian