> Hey guys,

> I have a brand new Bacula 5.2.6 install on a Virtualmin platform.

> Everything on the Server side says its up and running and I am able to run
> backups of the server itself...

> Now I tried to add a Windows Server 2012 client.. I installed the windows
> program and configured it to point back to my server... but when i run the BAT
> program I am getting this error message:

> Console.cpp: 157 "Failed to connect to xxxxxxxxxx.com-dir for populate lists"

Hello Rick: please verify if you set the proper password at bat.conf file. Just
follow the arrows:
http://www.bacula.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Bacula1.png
Consoles require 9101 port connection to the director machine. Also make sure
you are not running a client/console with greater version than the Director.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F | Bacula Systems Certified
Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/
I do Bacula training and deploy in any city of the world. More information:
http://bacula.us/
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: http://bacula.us FB: heitor.faria