Hi Javier,

Yes, sure. If you configure TLS Require = No, if any of the daemons host do
not speak TLS, they will communicate with no encryption (ssl=0).

Regards,
Ana

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Francisco Javier Funes Nieto <
esen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ana,
>
> The problem now it's solved. There was an incomplete configuration of the
> Storage Daemon and Director TLS subset.
>
> I have a cuestion around this,
>
> Can I have a mixed enviroment with TLS and Non-TLS clients in the same
> Bacula server?
>
> J.

>> Hello Javier,
>>
>> Did you solve this?
>>
>> ssl=0 means that no TLS connection is being used. Since TLS Require = no
>> for both director and storage daemon, it seems that they are unable to
>> establish one and then are communicating with no encryption.
>>
>> You can always run tests to verify your certificates:
>>
>> open a server-side ssl connection to listen to 9102:
>>
>> openssl s_server -accept 9102 -key betelgeuse.canonigos.es-daemon.key
>> -cert betelgeuse.canonigos.es.crt -CApath /usr/local/etc/ssl/ Verify 0
>>
>> try to connect from a client:
>>
>> openssl s_client -connect betelgeuse.canonigos.es:9102 -key
>> director.example.com.key -cert director.example.com.crt -CApath /
>> usr/local/etc/ssl/
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ana
>>
>> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Francisco Javier Funes Nieto <
>> esen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The first time I'm trying to configure the TLS part of my (new) server
>>> under FreeBSD. (10.2/7.4 from ports)
>>>
>>> Communication sd <-> dir seems ok with debugging activated. I don't know
>>> if "ssl=0" means not using TLS.
>>>
>>> More info:
>>>
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: ua_status.c:183-0 item=1
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: job.c:1744-0 wstore=LocalChgr where=unknown
>>> source
>>> Automatically selected Storage: LocalChgr
>>> Connecting to Storage daemon LocalChgr at betelgeuse.canonigos.es:9103
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: bsock.c:305-0 OK connected to server
>>>  Storage daemon betelgeuse.canonigos.es:9103.
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: cram-md5.c:147-0 sending resp to challenge:
>>> J6c+pxk+t+/KDXl0B4IjVC
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: cram-md5.c:71-0 send: auth cram-md5
>>> challenge <2125264182.1463481...@betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir> ssl=0
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: cram-md5.c:90-0 Authenticate OK
>>> b++7uF+e3/JMCxZcv+/51C
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: ua_status.c:382-0 Connected to storage
>>> daemon
>>>
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-sd Version: 7.4.0 (16 January 2016)
>>> amd64-portbld-freebsd10.2 freebsd 10.2-RELEASE-p9
>>>

>>> But with the FD I get this error:
>>>
>>> Select Client (File daemon) resource (1-8): 8
>>> Connecting to Client betelgeuse.canonigos.es-fd at
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es:9102
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: bsock.c:305-0 OK connected to server
>>>  Client: betelgeuse.canonigos.es-fd betelgeuse.canonigos.es:9102.
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: fd_cmds.c:110-0 Opened connection with File
>>> daemon
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: authenticate.c:202-0 Sent: Hello Director
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir calling 102
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: cram-md5.c:147-0 sending resp to challenge:
>>> 0i+14m/EA9/jvH4HAG/3BA
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: cram-md5.c:71-0 send: auth cram-md5
>>> challenge <2099914463.1463480...@betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir> ssl=2
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: cram-md5.c:90-0 Authenticate OK
>>> Y8+3N1t0t3+0VhI93F9vvB
>>> betelgeuse.canonigos.es-dir: fd_cmds.c:117-0 Authentication error with