Yes, I'm planning to add the suggested parameters as well. Will also try
out the mt-st command.

I am pretty sure that the error occurred due to the mount and unmount
scripts that I included in each run of the backup job, it would be
interesting to see if the error still appear with the new config. Actually
I don't even need to use the scripts anymore, but maybe I'll just make a
test for the fun of it.

Will let you know on how it goes. Thanks a lot for your help and advice.