On Monday 2017-01-09 14:53:21 webmas...@peter-speer.de wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I am on CentOS 7 with Bacula 7.4.4 buld from source.
> I wonder, if there is a file where I can see why i.e. bacula-dir is not
> coming up i.e. if I have a mistake in my bacula-dir.conf. Where is
> bacula logging those messages? I am not able to see anything in
> /var/log/messages or /opt/bacula/log/*... Is there a way to set and/or
> increase log level? Does Bacula have a config file test parser like
> other apps have it?
>
> Thanks for your time.
> -fuz

Hi!

The path to log files depends on your bacula setup.
In my case I can see bacula logs in /var/log/bacula

You can use bacula-dir -t -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
to test the configuration.
You can further help yourself while debugging if you run the bacula in
foreground using the option '-f'.
You can also set the debug level using the '-d' option.

--
Josip Deanovic