On 2017-03-12 at 15:31:35 Sven Hartge wrote:

> On 12.03.2017 14:54, Richard wrote:
>
> > Looking back through all the messages in this thread, it appears
> > that you have two problems. One is that you can't connect to the
> > director daemon:
>
> > The other is your db setup/access:
>
> Both problems will be related. He cannot connect to the director with
> bconsole because the director dies because the database is not
> reachable or not setup correctly.
>
> First step should be to fix the database so that the director daemon
> starts correctly and _then_ see if this automagically fixes the
> problem with bconsole (I think it will).

I've looked at the mariadb log file. I've found a few lines that look
strange and may contain important info. I've removed some leading
timestamps and other data not relating to the possible error in order
to make more readable:

[Warning] InnoDB: New log files created, LSN=3965718
[Note] InnoDB: Highest supported file format is Barracuda.
[Note] InnoDB: 128 rollback segment(s) are active.
[Note] InnoDB: Waiting for purge to start
[Note] InnoDB:  Percona XtraDB (http://www.percona.com) 5.6.34-79.1 started;
log sequence number 3965964
[Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
[Note] InnoDB: Dumping buffer pool(s) not yet started
[Warning] GSSAPI plugin : default principal 'mariadb/erik-pc.epolan.dk@' not
found in keytab
[ERROR] mysqld: Server GSSAPI error (major 851968, minor 2529639093) :
gss_acquire_cred failed -Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more
information. Keytab FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab is nonexistent or empty.
[ERROR] Plugin 'gssapi' init function returned error.
[Note] Server socket created on IP: '0.0.0.0'.
[Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '10.1.21-MariaDB'  socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'  port: 3306
MariaDB Server
[Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Normal shutdown

I hope it makes sense to someone.

--
Erik