For both of you with this issue: it is not possible to respond correctly if you do not provide the following information:  1. What database server are you using (MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL)?  2. What version of that database server are you using?  3. Have you modified any of the default parameters of the database server, such as requiring strict SQL default specifications.

Note, if you look through the archives of several months ago concerning MySQL in particular you will see that some users have modified the basic install parameters of the server and run into trouble.

Best regards,
Kern

On 09/01/2017 11:04 PM, Hicks, Daniel CTR OSD DMEA wrote:

Davide,

I am having this same issue. Can you clarify how to make sure the catalog upgrade is done. I did the update to tables without error but am not sure it is the same.

Thank you

Dan Hicks | 916-999-2711

From: Davide Franco [mailto:bacula-...@dflc.ch]
Sent: Friday, September 1, 2017 12:11 PM
To: Jerry Lowry <michaiah2...@gmail.com>; bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [Bacula-users] database upgrade problem

Hi Jerry,

Make sure the catalog upgrade has been done without issue.

This seems to be related to Mariadb.

Good luck

Davide

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017 at 17:38, Jerry Lowry <michaiah2...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I finally got my backup server upgraded to 9..0.3.  I have run the database update and it succeeded with out any errors. But I get this error any time I start a job:

01-Sep 00:20 kilchis-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: sql_create.c:84 Create DB Job record INSERT INTO Job (Job,Name,Type,Level,JobStatus,SchedTime,JobTDate,ClientId,Comment) VALUES ('BackupCatalog.2017-09-01_00.20.18_03','BackupCatalog','B','F','C','2017-09-01 00:20:16',1504250416,15,'') failed. ERR=Field 'StartTime' doesn't have a default value

Does this mean the update did not work?

thanks for the help!

jerry