The DBI driver is no longer supported.  Please switch to using either MySQL or PostgreSQL.

Best regards,

Kern

On 09/05/2017 12:51 PM, m.yogesh waran wrote:
Hi,

I need help this Error On bacula
   System ->Bacula Backup System

ERROR:Failed to connect to the Bacula database : Failed to load the database DBI driver mysql at ./bacula-backup-lib.pl line 45. Maybe it is not set up, or the module configuration is incorrect.

Please help this error

aj3 & Regard's

       Yogesh

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Martin Simmons <mar...@lispworks.com> wrote:

> I wanted to be doing two kind of different backups. I do explain. One of
> them is the daily backup. The daily backup consists on :
>

> - Monday -> Full backup
>
> - rest of the days -> Inc backup
>

> I keep this backups and catalogs during three weeks but seting the
> following retention periods :
>

> - File retention = 21 days
>
> - Job retention = 22 days
>
> - Volume retention = 23 days
>

> But now.... is when the second kind of backup comes....
>

> I wanted too, to preserve the following backups too :
>

> - One full backup per month
>
> - One inc backup per week
>
> Keep them for two years. So, obviously I need to set different retention
> periods for this backup. I have though using a different pool and
> catalog and using different file, job and volume retention.... but I have
> seen that File retention is per client assigned. So I can't set two
> different file retention for the same client even when I use different
> catalogs for each backup kind. How would you recommend me to handle this
> task with Bacula?.

Assuming you have a fixed number of volumes in the daily backup pool (i.e. you
are not using Label Format), then you can set the file and job retention in
the client to 2 years.  Since the volume retention in the daily pool is
shorter, it will take precedence over the file and job retention in the
client.  The file and jobs records for the second kind of backup will be
retained for 2 years.

This is described in the documentation for Volume Retention in
http://www.bacula.org/9.0.x-manuals/en/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0018150000000000000000

__Martin