Hello
This is just to let you know that I had long planned a trip to Puerto Rico and
by chance flew into San Juan the day after hurricane Irma passed near the
island (a territory of the USA).  Elecitry was out  in most of the city the day
I arrived but was restored to about 50% in a few days.
I was scheduled to fly out 21 Sept 21, but hurricane Maria hit the island with
record winds (greater than magnitude 5). Although I think it diminished to
magnitude 4 by the time it hit San Juan, I can tell you it was a whopper unlike
Irma!
Result: massive destruction, no electricity, spotty running water, fuel
shortage (propane, gas, ...), sheet metal everywhere, massive destruction of
trees and metallic strictures, ...  It is getting worse because fuel supplies
are arriving very slowly, due to fuel shortages stores are either closed or are
now rationing purchases, it takes waiting in long lines for hours to ge into a
food store where food purchases are rationed and at least three hours to get
into a service station to be able to buy $20 of gas.  Day by day the food and
fuel situation is getting worse not better.
I am doing fine but am worried about the sanitary and security conditions for
the people who live here in Puerto Rico.
Needless to say that Internet connectivity is not good and is probably being
rationed too so for the near future I regret to say that I am unable to respond
to Bacula issues that need my personal attention.
Best RegardsKern

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.