Hello,

If Bacula is truncating Volumes that were labelled with an older version of Bacula, I am not surprised.  However if it is truncating volumes that were labelled with the current version and have not been written, I am surprised because I do not remember reading that in your email.  If it is truncating unwritten volumes then it is probably a bug that should be clearly documented and reported.

I don't imagine it is doing any "serious" harm but it still sounds odd and not what I would expect.  If it has something to do with the different label size (quite likely) as Martin suggests, I also hope that it only happens once and only for old pre-labelled volumes.

Best regards,

Kern