---- Alan Brown <a.br...@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

Straw poll time for people using tape-based systems

I'd like to know who is currently using what (not historical usage)

1:   Who on this list is NOT using half inch tape (12.7mm) formats(*) -
if so, what are you using?

We are using half inch tape.

2:   Who on this list is NOT using a robot or changer device?

We are using a Dell TL2000 library, which is a re-branded IBM 3573-TL.

3:  For the half inch tape formats, what are you using?

We have been using LTO3 under Bacula for almost 10 years.  I have a brand new
LTO6 drive that so far I have not been able to get Bacula to work with.  btape
is happy with it, bacula instantly fails.

4:  For the robot users: What are you using? (number of drives / number
of slots)

The working library is a 24 slot library with one drive.  The almost working
library is also a TL2000 with 24 slots and an IBM ULT3580-HH6 drive.