From: Martin Simmons <mar...@lispworks.com>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 1:27:45 AM
To: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrading to Bacula 9.0.4

> I have a quick question about a Bacula upgrade to Bacula 9.0.4. I have a
> Bacula director, and a number of storage units at 7.0.4 running on a BSD
> server with postgres for the Bacula database. My question is can Bacula 9 be
> run inline with the Bacula 7 version? Or is the best solution to just
> configure another server for the Bacula 9 installation and port over the
> client configs and databases? Any input to this upgrade path would be
> greatly appreciated.

It is probably better to port everything on that machine to Bacula 9.  You can
continue to use Bacula 7 on any other client machines.

OTOH, if you change the port numbers and directories in the configs and use a
separate catalog database then you can run multiple independent versions of
Bacula on the same machine.  As Olivier mentioned, you have to be careful
about which versions talk to each other though.

__Martin