On 10/28/2017 11:16 AM, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello Bill,
>
> By the way, I have just committed another patch for the problem of marking all
> volumes read-only.  If you have time please test the latest code in the repo,
> I think it should correct the last note you put into your bug #2329.

OK!  I will try to take a look now. Thanks for the heads-up.

> The case you cite below looks to me like Bacula is behaving as designed.
> Basically if the device is not there Bacula makes a few passes at trying to
> find it then simply fails the job.  I am not sure how Bacula would "trap" this
> sort of a situation, and for me it really does not make sense for Bacula to
> notify the operator because it is not a simple mount request.  The operator
> will notice the problem when the job fails.  Bottom line: if devices defined
> in the SD are not there, Bacula will after trying a few times fail the jobs.
>
> If you have a good idea on some other action, I am willing to listen.

Yeah, I have nuthin'  :)

As I think about this more, I am tending to agree with you here. :)

In other words:

- Devices configured for use should always be functioning and available, a job
will fail otherwise.
- Volumes may or may not be immediately available to the device and this is
perfectly normal; in which case an operator will be notified.

Best regards,

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski