Hello Heitor,

On 1 November 2017 at 09:16, Heitor Faria <hei...@bacula.com.br> wrote:
>> Hello Heitor,
>
> Hello, Marcin,
>
>> I wouldn't remove bacula-console dependency because Baculum uses
>> Bacula console as regular tool. I think that using packages assumes
>> providing all needed package dependecies as packages too.
>
> Please correct if I'm wrong, but Bacula json binaries were only released on
> Bacula 9.0 <https://blog.bacula.org/release-9-0-0/>.

These json binaries are needed to the config module. If you don't have
the Bacula json tools (Bacula < 9) you can not setup the config module
and you can use the Baculum without it.

> However, current (e.g.) Ubuntu 17.04 Bacula packages are from the 7.4.4
> version:
>
> ===================================================================================
> root@hfaria-K46CB:~# dpkg -l| grep bacula
> ii  bacula-common                                   7.4.4+dfsg-5
> ===================================================================================
>
> I think this create an impossible situation, unless there is a 9.0 Bacula
> repository I don't know.

You asked about removing bacula-console from package dependencies. The
bacula-console 7.4 works well with Baculum 9 and I don't see reason to
remove it.

>> I understand your request and it make sense for me. For this case I
>> propose to remove the bacula-console dependency in your local copy and
>> build the Baculum packages self. I can help with it if there is any
>> problem.
>
> This would be a solution, but then I would have to do this forever. =)

I am sorry. I don't see any other solution for now.

Best regards.
Marcin