Do you know if the tape-by-path (which points to the drives) is always consistent? I've had some troubles a few times  where after some maintenance and reboot the drive order is reversed (I have two drives). So Drive-1 ends up requiring /dev/nst1 instead of 0 (I'm running a full backup now so it will be a day or two before I can test this it myself).

Regards,
Iñaki.

On 01/11/2018 03:02 PM, Heitor Faria wrote:
Iñaki,

Hello, Iñaki,

Thank you for this. indeed, i've had this problem.
Gonna use your script!
Most distros today automatically create static links for tape libraries devices
under /dev/tape/by-id.
In this case there is really no need to run any script.
--Thib
Regards,

----- Mail original -----
De: "itlinux_igtp" <itli...@igtp.cat>
À: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: krashoverr...@free.fr
Envoyé: Jeudi 11 Janvier 2018 09:56:34
Objet: Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger best practicies

Hi Thibault,

 From what I recall of my bacula install, it is better to set the
Changer Device to a linked device that is updated on boot, as /dev/sg3
might be the autochanger but in a reboot could become a drive and the
autochanger move to /dev/sg2 (for example). I use the following script
run after reboot to set the autochager properly:

#! /bin/bash

# Find the autochanger device and create the /dev/changer link

for i in /dev/sg{0..4}# the range might be different for you!
do
   if (tapeinfo -f $i|grep "Medium Changer"); then
     logger -t rclocal "Will create changer link to $i"
     if readlink /dev/changer; then
       unlink /dev/changer
       logger -t rclocal "Removed an existing /dev/changer link"
     fi
     ln -s $i /dev/changer
   fi
done