On 1/18/2018 2:21 PM, Ryan Butler wrote:

Hello all,

I recently inherited a Bacula installation (version 7.0.5, running on a CentOS 6 server), but have no experience with Bacula. Full backups go to tape, with incremental backups going to a local disk on the Bacula server. The tape backups have so far been (mostly) successful. However, the incremental backups have been having consistent problems that I’m really not sure what to do to troubleshoot.

The backups will frequently get stuck with this showing up when I do “status storage”:

Device "BaremetalIncrStorage" (/vol-back2/BaremetalIncr) is not open.

    Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "BareIncr-34198",

       Pool:        BareIncrWeekly

       Media type:  File

The first thing to check is that the user that bacula-sd runs as, likely bacula:tape, has write permission on /vol-back2/BaremetalIncr. Keep in mind that Centos 6 by default has SELinux enabled and the security context must also allow bacula-sd to write.