Hi all,

Last night a tape filled so I'm spending most of today investigating the cause and ensuring the next run completes fine. When executing "list jobname=" from the console I'm presented with 2 columns: JobFiles and JobBytes.

Is JobBytes expected to show the volume read from the client or written to the tape?
In the latter the count is after compression, right?

On that note: Is compression always performed on the server or can it be done on clients? It could make sense to iterate over all clients first and instruct them to start compressing.
Then they start reporting as ready to the director and data transfers begin.

Please advise.

Regards
Adam