I sent the email below a week ago and it just got posted. I am seeing
compression now. ☺

--Shawn

From: Shawn Rappaport <srappap...@shutterfly.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 12:44 PM
To: "bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net" <bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Bacula-users] Compression not working

I currently have two clients being backed up to disk with Bacula 9.0.6 (I’m in
the staging phase of things). One is Windows (2012 R2) and the other is Linux
(CentOS 7.3). Under the FileSets in bacula-dir.conf, I have configured
compression with: Compression = GZIP5. I also have this in my Storage section:
Allow Compression = yes.

However, when I run backup jobs with either client, I do not get compression. I
see this in the logs:
Comm Line Compression:  None

Do I need to do anything else to enable compression?

--Shawn