> Hello together

Hello, Mauri,

> Please i have here a little problem, i need to Backup one machine that
> are outside from me internal Network.
> this machine are in the internet, and i don't know what are the best way
> to run this Backup-task.
>
> i think for the application Bacula are this a easy thing, but what are
> here the best way one SSH connection

Bacula does not use SSH ports to operate. You must allow 9102 ingoing TCP
connection to your remote client and 9103 TCP connections to your network /
Bacula Storage Daemon. Static addresses are desired
(http://bacula.us/manual/en/main/What_is_Bacula.html#SECTION00220000000000000000).
If you can't open client-side ports for some reason there is an alternate
connection method that allows Client Initiated only connections, although it
brings some limitations to bacula operation
(http://bacula.us/bacula-firewallnat-transversing-client-initiated-backup/).

> to this server are enought?, and are Secure? i have also read that exist
> the to do any connection with TLS
> but for only one machine i see the configuration are hough.

I think currently there is still no sniffing algorithm for Bacula default
unencrypted traffic and as far as I know and it doesn't send its daemons
password in plain text, but TLS definitively adds more security to this
over-the-internet backup architecture
(http://bacula.us/manual/en/main/Bacula_TLS_Communications_E.html).
You can set up TLS only for more sensitive connections such as File Daemon =>
Storage Daemon. I only have a sample of these configurations in my book
(http://bacula.us/the-bacula-book/).

> iam realy happy to discuss this here to become the right way, for setup
> this backuptaskè
>
> thanks and beste regards

Regards,

> Mauri

Heitor Medrado de Faria | EB-1 Visa | LPIC-III | ITIL-F | EMC 05-001
• Check my Bacula Book at Amazon.com http://bacula.us/book
• Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/
• USA +1 (323) 300-53 87 | Brazil +55 (61) 98268-4220 | http://bacula.us