On 2018-04-05 10:25, Donna Hofmeister wrote:

Just to continue sniveling...I downloaded the *source* for bacula 7.4.7. While it compiled ok (I did have to install libacl-devel first), I'm pulling my hair out trying to get the service files created <sigh>.

FWIW I'm deploying more, or at least as many, new centos 6 installs, than centos 7 ones. I've come to the conclusion that between systemd with its service files and mount units and stuff, breaking kernel ABI on every point release, and lack of support for non-RedHat software (like bacula), el7 is not really a viable platform for mission-critical servers. It's merely tolerable for *some* deployments.

</rant>

Dima

---