On 06/04/2018 18:40, Daniel Heitepriem wrote:
Hi Gary,

I just tried to compile 9.0.6 on a Solaris 11.3 box (but using GCC 5.4.0
and MySQL) with these options:

CFLAGS="-g -m64" LDFLAGS="-m64" CXXFLAGS="-m64" ./configure \
--prefix=/opt/bacula \
--with-dir-user=bacula \
--with-dir-group=bacula \
--with-sd-user=bacula \
--with-sd-group=bacula \
--with-fd-user=root \
--with-fd-group=bacula \
--enable-smartalloc \
--sbindir=/opt/bacula/bin \
--sysconfdir=/opt/bacula/etc \
--with-subsys-dir=/opt/bacula/var \
--with-working-dir=/opt/bacula/var/bacula/working \
--with-pid-dir=/opt/bacula/var \
--with-logdir=/opt/bacula/var \
--with-archivedir=/opt/bacula/var \
--with-mysql=/opt/mysql \
--with-openssl

and it's working fine so far. Your issue may be related to the
"disable-libtool" parameter you provided. Can you try to build it
without this disable parameter.

Thank you Daniel, removing "--disable-libtool" allowed it to build, why whoever disabled it didn't make configure barf on it is something I can only wonder about.

And in some further fiddling about I found that replacing "NO_ECHO = @" with "NO_ECHO =" in the makefiles makes it *much* easier to work out just what is going wrong. Hiding information just makes life difficult.

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)