Hello,

What you say sounds very strange.  However, I cannot answer your question:

    "Trying to reuse a schedule definition causes backup sets to be incorrectly named.  Is that a correct deduction?"

is not possible because Bacula has no concept of naming a backup set.  In fact, there is no concept of a backup set.  In more simple terms, I cannot understand what is not working for you.

To the best of my knowledge, there is never any problem referencing a single Schedule resource definition from multiple Jobs, unless your Jobs have unique requirements and you are using "overrides" in the Schedule resource.  Those overrides (such as specifying a specific Storage resource) may not be appropriate for all Jobs.

Best regards,

Kern