Hello Heitor,

All the white papers are created in pdf format.  To change it would require Bacula Systems to change their policies.  The Bacula Systems white papers are in general not published on the web.  I say "in general" because I do sometimes modify their white papers to suit the community (e.g. Binary Installation Guide) and more often I just take the whole white paper (with their permission, of course).  Thus to do what you want I would have to work harder, and in fact I am trying to do just the opposite :-)

Best regards,

Kern

On 05/23/2018 03:05 PM, Heitor Faria wrote:
Hello, Kern,

Hijacking the thread a little bit, perhaps bacula.org should reconsider the PDF
usage.
Not everybody agrees with me, but PDFs have a lower Google search rank, are hard
to find, difficult to copy configuration samples, heavy and provide bad reading on
regular screens => https://kulapartners.com/blog/kill-the-pdf/
Most Bacula competitors, such as Commvault, have webversions of their
whitepapers (e.g.
http://documentation.commvault.com/hds/v11/article?p=31835.htm) or at least an
PDF text synopsis.

Regards,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kern Sibbald" <k...@sibbald.com>
To: "Alfred Weintoegl" <alfred.weinto...@meduniwien.ac.at>,
bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:14:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Progressive VFull Questions
Hello,

Perhaps the PVF whitepaper would help you if you have not already seen
it:  www.bacula.orgt -> Documentation -> White Papers -> Progressive ...

On 05/22/2018 02:08 PM, Alfred Weintoegl wrote:
In "New Features in 9.0.0 - Progressive Virtual Full" documentation it
says:

"The new directive Delete Consolidated Jobs expects a yes or no value
that if set to yes will cause any old Job that is consolidated during
a Virtual Full to be deleted.".

Here are some questions of a bacula-newbie:

What directive decides when jobs are deleted when creating a Virtual
Full Backup:
a) The Retention time of the Incremental Backup Pool for incremental
jobs ?
b) The Job Retention time of the incremental jobs?
c) Or if this job is deleted because of "Delete Consolidated Jobs = yes"?

in case of (c): Would jobs be deleted immediately or only after the
Virtual Full is finished?

Does anyone have experience with Progressive VFull-Backups?

thx
Alfred