Am 10.06.2018 um 11:43 schrieb Erik P. Olsen:
> In the manual on page 16 (pdf version) a configuration overview is shown.
> Right below
> the figure there is an unresolved reference to a more detailed description.
> Where is this
> description to be found?

Which manual exactly?
http://blog.bacula.org/documentation/documentation/ lists

    Bacula Main Reference Guide PDF /HTML
    Console and Operators Guide PDF /HTML
    Problem Resolution Guide PDF /HTML
    Utility Programs PDF /HTML
    Miscellaneous Guide PDF /HTML
    Developers’ Guide PDF /HTML

for the current version alone.

> Also a $HOME/.bacula-tray-monitor.conf should be found. I don't have this
> file and I
> realise that it may be due to a packaging error by fedora, but is it possible
> to find
> this file elsewhere, perhaps on the internet?

It is certainly not a packaging error.
$HOME is your personal home directory.
Files in there cannot be provided by an installation package, as the
packager cannot know in advance what your home directory will be.
At best the package could drop some file in /etc/skel from where it will
be copied when a user is created, but that would do nothing for users
that already existed before the package was installed.

Judging from the name this file hosts the current user's individual tray
monitor configuration.
I would assume it is optional and tray monitor will either work fine
without it, or maybe create it automatically if it doesn't exist.
I regret I can't verify this myself as the openSUSE packages I'm
currently using do not include the tray monitor.

HTH
Tilman