Maybe your fileset causes files to be copied more than once (e.g. by listing
the same directory via different File= lines)?

Also, what kind of filesystem are you using for the restored directory?  Maybe
it is compressing the data on restore (since du reports the disk used, not the
size of the files)?

You could try running bls on the volume and use your favourite scripting
language to add up the file sizes that it prints to see the expected total
size.

Also, use bls -j to check that the volume really does contain just one job.

__Martin