On 08/09/18 11:47, Matthew Arguin wrote:
> But then you lose the historical stuff?  Was hoping for a way to sort of
> migrate everything from one to another.  I will say that I don’t expect
> that this is doable with out more work than it is worth.

Moving the clients is easy.  Moving the historical data is hard.  As
others have said, you must do it manually.  You would have to start out
by changing the numeric IDs of every Job, every Volume, every Pool,
every Client, every Fileset, every Schedule, every type of resource, in
the catalog of the Director(s) you are planning to shut down to values
not used by the one you're trying to keep, and you need to do it
CONSISTENTLY, making sure every single record in the database refers to
every other record it should by the correct *NEW* row IDs.  Then you
need to import that data into the Catalog you're keeping without
overwriting any data you already have.

None of this is anything you should be attempting unless you have strong
SQL database skills and understand how the Bacula catalog tables relate
to each other.  And of course, in all cases you should back up all of
your catalog databases first.

By comparison, you will probably find it a lot simpler to just add your
Clients and their Filesets and Schedules to the Director you're keeping
and restart it, then keep the other Directors around as backups in case
you need them for restores until their historical data becomes outdated.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications