Hello Radosław,

Am 09.11.2018 um 12:27 schrieb Radosław Korzeniewski:

>     Schedule {
>        Name="MySchedule"
>        Run=Full 1st sun at 22:00
>        Run=Differential 2nd-5th sun at 22:00
>        Run=Incremental mon-sat at 22:00
>     }
>
>     If for some reason the Full backup fails on the 1st Sunday of the
>     month, [...] without manual intervention, the Full backup for that month
>     will be
>     skipped completely.
>
>     Instead, since I really want a full backup each month, I'd like Bacula
>     to move the Full backup to the next day. [...]
>
> Max Full Interval

Followup question:

I'd like to implement that, but in a slightly more complicated scenario.
My schedule is similar, but with Fulls and Differentials going to one
pool and incrementals going to another, each followed by its
corresponding catalog backup.
This is my schedule definition:

--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------
# When to do the backups, full backup on first sunday of the month,
#  differential (i.e. incremental since full) every other sunday,
#  and incremental backups other days
Schedule {
  Name = "WeeklyCycle"
  Run = Full 1st sun at 23:05
  Run = Differential 2nd-5th sun at 23:05
  Run = Incremental Pool=Daily mon-sat at 23:05
}

# This schedule does the catalog. It starts after the WeeklyCycle
Schedule {
  Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
  Run = Full sun at 23:10
  Run = Full Pool=Daily mon-sat at 23:10
}
-------->8-------->8-------->8-------->8-------->8-------->8--------

The Default pool contains tapes labelled by month which are recycled
after a year, while the Daily pool contains three tapes used in turn
until they are full.
Obviously I don't want the retried Full to go to the Daily tape.
I thought about dropping the pool override in the WeeklyCycle schedule
and using "Incremental Backup Pool = Daily" in the Job resource instead,
but then couldn't think of a way to get each catalog backup onto the
same tape as its corresponding payload backup.

Failing that, is there a way to only propagate the next Differential to
Full, but not the intervening Incrementals?

Alternatively, would running the catalog backup for the Incrementals at
Level = Incremental have any drawback?
That would allow me to use "Incremental Backup Pool = Daily" for all my
jobs and get rid of the pool override in the schedules entirely.

Thanks,
Tilman