https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/routine-vacuuming.html

> 2. How to manage WAL and logs so that old unnecessary
> data doesn't fill up disk (and backup tape) space?

Logs: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/logfile-maintenance.html

"Stock" postgresql.conf rotates them by day of the week in data/pg_log
but check your postgresql.conf.

WAL: don't worry about it unless you want to archive them or replicate
your database.

> 3. Should I backup WAL, logs or the
> whole /var/lib/pgsql? Or should I rather look for a
> script which backs up each DB in a separate file
> (currently I have use such script for mysql).

Bacula's backup_catalog should do it for bacula. For other databases you
could e.g. run pg_dump from a cron job. If you're after high
availability you could set up streaming replication to another postgres
instance, that's where some WAL-related stuff comes in.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin