Hello,

Just to confirm what Martin has written.  *Every* time you run a query command in bconsole the file file is opened.  Doing a reload or restart of any or all components of Bacula will make absolutely no difference in Bacula's ability to open and execute a query command.

Virtually all problems with running the query are reported back to bconsole.  However, if you set debug level 100 or greater on the Director, you will get additional debug output -- this should not be necessary though.

Best regards,
Kern